We’re feeling the love today at Brave Body Project and we’ve received a ton of demand to come up with a bestie Valentine’s Day workout… so here it is! Grab your bestie, your mom, your co-workers (anyone really!) and do this fun partner workout! (Full disclosure… we laughed a lot during the making of this and we might have fallen down a couple times on the back to back squat.) Give it a try and tell us how it goes for you!
1. Wheel Barrel Deadlift to Pushup: Start holding your besties ankles. Let her perform 2 push-ups. With a slight bend in your knees and a flat back, hinge forward at the waist and roll their feet down towards your shins. Stand up and squeeze your glutes. Repeat the entire sequence 10 times and switch.
2. Medicine Ball Hand Off: Sit back to back with your friend. Keeping your abdominals tight, lean back into a V-sit position and lift your knees to chest level. Turn and pass the medicine ball to your friend, then twist to the opposite side to catch the ball. Repeat 3 sets of 10 on each side.
3. Side Plank Circle Pass: Start back to back with your friend on your elbow in a side plank. Starting with the weight directly above your shoulder, bring it down across your chest and circle it through to your friends hand. Reach back up to the ceiling and repeat. Do 4 sets of 10 reps on each side.
4. Single Leg Down Dog to High Five: Starting in a downward facing dog position, lift one leg up high in the air. Skim the leg close to the ground and hit opposite knee to elbow Return to plank, high five opposite hands with your friend and repeat. Do 3 sets of 10 on each leg and then switch.
5. Buddy Squats: Start back to back and hold hands or loop arms with your bestie. Inch your feet away from each other. Pressing your back against your friend lower into a squat, ensuring your knees don’t go over your toes. Press your backs against each other until you reach a standing position. Repeat 3 sets of 10.
We have a major crush on you brave body babes! Spread some love out there today!
Amber + Lindsey